- Looking for new professional challenges?
- Enjoy being part of an international team?
- Love working creatively and autonomously, with a focus on what’s the best for the patient?
- Want to make a difference?
In 2012 Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) started the Harare Prison Project as a targeted intervention providing mental healthcare for inmates in Chikurubi Maximum Security Prison and 8 further prisons in Mashonaland province. The project team consists of a psychiatrist (international staff), 2 psychologists, 4 mental health nurses and 2 occupational therapists (national staff).
We are looking for
- A qualified, experienced psychiatrist with a strong commitment to humanitarian aims and values
- Experience teaching and supervising staff
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to live and work in simple conditions together with the MSF international team
Aside from providing patient care, you will be responsible for the supervision and training of national staff, the further development and implementation of the mental health strategy and representing the organisation with external stakeholders, such as local authorities and government ministries.
We are offering
- An international employment contract for minimum 12 months, possibly longer
- Remuneration of a minimum of €1474 per month during the first year
- Accommodation and meals on site
Want to know more about expat life in an MSF mission?
Want to know more about MSF’S work in Zimbabwe?
Interested in joining this exciting project?
Find out about the role in more detail in the job profile
Still have questions? Please contact Patricia Foucault ph +49 - (0)30 - 700 130 209
To apply, please send us the following (in English)
- MSF application form
- Self-assessment form for Mental Health Officers
- Detailed CV
- A cover letter outlining your motivation
Please email the documents in word or pdf format to email@example.com with “Psychiatrist” in the subject line
Application deadline 30th April 2015
Due to the urgency of this vacancy we will be screening the applications as they are received so candidates might be contacted before the deadline
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted