6th MSF Spring Conference on April 21st, 2015
During the spring conference in 2015, representatives from political institutions, humanitarian organizations, medical research institutes and the media came together to critically discuss the international reaction to the Ebola epidemic. Which concrete failures can be identified? What has MSF, what have humanitarian actors learnt? Which specific efforts must be undertaken to prepare for and prevent the repetition of an epidemic outbreak?
Video recordings were taken April 21st 2015 at the representation of Baden-Württemberg in Berlin.
Due to technical reasons we are only able to provide original audio without translation.
- Dr. Tankred Stöbe - President of Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Germany
1. Panel - Retrospective
- Dr. Moses Massaquoi - Case Management Coordinator of Liberia's Task Force, Monrovia
- Meini Nicolai - President Operational Centre Brussels, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Chair: Amrai Coen - Journalist
2. Panel - Medical Perspectives
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Günther - Head of Virology, Bernhard-Nocht-Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg
- Dr. Hilde de Clerck - Mobile Implementation Officer Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers, MSF, Brüssel
- Katy Athersuch - Medical Innovation and Access Policy Adviser, MSF Access Campaign, Genf
- Chair: Kai Kupferschmidt – Science Journalist
3. Panel - Socio-Cultural and Economic Factors
- Shecku Mansarai – Director Sierra Leone Adult Education Association, Freetown
- Aissatou Balde - Guinée Solidaire Organisation e.V., Hamburg
- Chair: Dr. Gisela Schneider - Director, German Institute for Medical Mission, Tübingen
4. Panel - Lessons for the Future?
- Dr. Olushayo Olu - WHO Ebola Response Team, Freetown
- Walter Lindner - Special Representative of the German Government on Ebola, Berlin
- Marina Mdaihli - Country Director Sierra Leone, German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ), Freetown
- Prof. Dr. August Stich - Head of Tropical Medicine, Medical Mission Institute, Würzburg
- Florian Westphal - General Director MSF Germany, Berlin
- Chair: Arnd Henze - Correspondent, ARD Capital Studio, Berlin